Search for answers or browse our documentation.
Describing The MAN Solution
Available manipulation modules include:
- SCAM (Stock Code Account Manipulation)
- GLAM (General Ledger Account Manipulation)
- WHAM (WareHouse Account Manipulation)
- ARAM (Accounts Receivable Account Manipulation)
- APAM (Accounts Payable Account Manipulation)
- PCAM (Product Class Account Manipulation)
- SPAM (Product Class/Stock Code Account Manipulation)
Please note that although the Source IT Manipulation Utility ultimately exists as a single utility to cater for all the relevant SYSPRO modules, as aspects of this functionality have not yet been merged into a single unit, this document will refer to the Stock Code Account Manipulation (SCAM) utility for example purposes. Any other module specific rules will be specifically referred to.
This Source IT Manipulation (MAN) utility will replace selected OLD master codes across SYSPRO with selected NEW master codes based on a predefined cross reference matrix. From SYSPRO 7 onwards, the NEW description will also be maintainable. The user will be required to either:
- capture the OLD and NEW master codes as well as the NEW description (should this be required) using the maintenance program
- import a comma delimited file into the cross reference file using the Import program
The utility takes full cognisance of shared files without the user having to cope with the complexity of knowing which files are shared and which are not.
If you have upgraded from an earlier version you may need to delete the Audit trail file. This can be done using the Audit Report “Delete Audit File” button (See “Audit Report” ).
The user will first set up the preferences which will govern the manipulation of the master codes, such as:
- Option to validate the old X-ref code in the cross reference file
- Option to have an Audit Trail either in summary or detail
- Select the type of conversion i.e. whether to allow for merging of codes
- Set the monitor mode refresh rate
Once the preferences have been determined, the cross references file should be set up. The operator will capture the replacement data by entering OLD value and NEW value.
A utility has been provided to allow the user to import cross references from a Comma Separated Value (.CSV) file to avoid manual capture. (See “Maintain Cross References Codes”)
Other facilities offered to the user from the MAN utility will be
- to clear all cross references entries
- to copy cross references from a different SYSPRO company on the same server to the current company
Once the user is satisfied that the preferences and cross references are set up correctly, the manipulation process may be started.
The manipulation program will step through all the associated SYSPRO tables, whether residing in the associated Microsoft SQL database or SYSPRO’s Data and Work folder on the server and will replace all the specified OLD codes with the NEW codes and where pertinent, the NEW description if entered.
If the table being altered has the Old Code as a key and the NEW code already exists in SYSPRO, the program will merge the records with the data of the existing master transaction along with quantities, balances, budgets etc. may need to be added together. If the file being updated has the OLD Code outside of the key, the program will replace the OLD Code with the NEW code.
Audit trail reports will be available for the user to print as required.