Once the user selects the “Reconcile Cash Book Records” option from the “Source IT Bank Reconciliation System” / “Transaction Processing”, the following screen will be displayed:
Enter or browse on a SYSPRO Bank and tab/enter off to retrieve information relating to BRS.
Import: When this button is selected, the process will attempt to import the associated statement transaction files handling the translation as configured by the below settings.
Reconcile: When this button is selected, the process will attempt to perform the reconciliation of the associated statement transaction against the SYSPRO unreconciled Cash Book transactions handling the process as configured by the below settings.
Maintain Masks: When this button is selected, the Mask Maintenance program will be called (See BRS Mask Maintenance section below)
Actions and Settings
- Validation: This option will instruct the program to handle the “Import” and “Reconcile” actions in a validation mode to represent the results without updating any SYSPRO or BRS tables.
- Process: This option will instruct the program to make the modifications to the SYSPRO and BRS files based on the selected settings when either the “Import” or “Reconcile” actions are selected.
- All: Retrieve input data from both the BRS files and any statement files waiting to be imported for reconciliation.
- New files: Retrieve input data only from any new statement files waiting to be imported into BRS.
- Previously unreconciled state: Retrieve input data only from the statement transactions that were previously imported into BRS and have not yet been reconciled.
Show matching cashbook transactions:
- No: When a transaction is selected in the “Unreconciled Bank Statement Transactions” list view screen, DO NOT attempt to match and display only the associated transaction in the “Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions” list view screen.
- Yes: When a transaction is selected in the “Unreconciled Bank Statement Transactions” list view screen, attempt to match and display only the associated transaction in the “Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions” list view screen. This screen will be empty if no matching transactions were identified.
Reconcile deposit setting:
This setting will be used as the matching rules associated to how the transactions on the statement are reconciled against the Cash Book transactions.
- Value only: Select this to reconcile transactions automatically only if the entry at the value field in the statement import file matches the entry at the value field in the Cash Book transaction file.
- Value, date and reference: Select this to reconcile transactions automatically only if the entries at the value, date and reference fields in the statement import file match the entries at the value, date and reference fields in the Cash Book transaction file.
- Value and date: Select this to reconcile transactions automatically only if the entries at the value and date fields of the statement import file match the entries at the value and date fields of the Cash Book transaction file.
Posting year: This indicates the year when the transactions were reconciled
Posting period: This is the period that will be used as the reconciling month
Selecting the Posting period button allows you to indicate the posting month to which you want to post transactions.
Process masks after reconcile: Selecting this option will automatically run the mask procedures after the reconcile routine has completed.
Import Bank Statements
Bank format: use the browse to view a list of the available statement formats for the existing financial institutions. Select the correct format from the list.
File path: enter or use the browse option to specify the folder location of the statement files
File name: enter the full path and name of a single statement file to be imported. Leaving this folder blank will automatically import any valid files as specified in the above File path.
Wildcard: This is useful when more than one bank is used in the BRS system and all the bank statements are all placed in the same File path. If the Wildcard is entered, only files in the File path that have this Wildcard in the name of the file will be processed. This field will be ignored if the File name is entered.
General Ledger code for CB: enter or use the browse option to specify the General Ledger code to be used when generating the associated SYSPRO Cash Book entry.
General Ledger notation for CB: enter a notation value to be used when generating the associated SYSPRO Cash Book entry.
These General Ledger fields are used when the user selects one of the “Unreconciled Bank Statement Transactions” in the list and selects the “Cash Book” button which will generate the associated SYSPRO Cash Book entry.
Unreconciled Statement records: this report represents the records from the bank statement that were NOT matched to the Cash Book records as well as a reason they were not matched.
Non-translatable Statement records: all records on the Bank statement files that have been rejected will appear on the report if you have this option ticked. The valid layout records that have been rejected will have an “R” in the Type. The blank or miscellaneous layout records will have an “X” in the Type as well as XXX in all the fields as they are non-translatable.
Reconciled Cash Book: this report shows the Cash Book records reconciled against the electronic bank statement file. The number at the beginning of each line represents the physical bank statement record that has been reconciled.
Un-reconciled Cash Book: this report shows the records that remain un-reconciled in the Cash Book after the reconciliation process.
Email address when silent mode: This email is used to email the above selected reports when the BRS is running in silent mode.
Last batch number: the batch number of the last reconciliation process that ran.
Total withdrawals: total withdrawal transactions imported.
Total deposits: total deposit transactions imported.
Total reconciled: total transactions reconciled in the Cash Book
Unreconciled Bank Statement Transactions
Select All: will select all of the statement transactions in the list.
Deselect All: will un-select all of the statement transactions in the list.
Delete: will delete all of the selected statement transactions in the list. Only available when Function is set to “Process” mode.
Masks: will run the procedure to take the actions against all the unreconciled transactions as defined in the ”Maintain Masks” setup. Only available when Function is set to “Process” mode.
Cash Book: will generate a Cash Book transaction in SYSPRO for each selected unreconciled transaction using the “General Ledger code for CB” and “General Ledger notation for CB” above. Only available when Function is set to “Process” mode.
AR Payments: when a single deposit is selected (that has not already had an AR Payment processed against it), the screen as per the figure below will be shown.Only available when Function is set to “Process” mode.
AR Payments Processing
Customer: The first value in the statement reference will be validated against the SYSPRO Customer master table and if valid will populate the Customer field to speed up the allocation process. If not, the SYSPRO Customer can be entered or found in the available browse.
Payment type: this may either be Invoice or Unapplied Payment as selected from the drop down. A single invoice may be selected from the available list of invoices - as long as the outstanding amount is not less that the payment amount. Multiple invoices may be selected - as long as they total up to the statement deposit amount. Use the Unapplied payment option if you need to simply allocate the payment against a SYSPRO Customer to allow invoice allocation manually at a later stage.
Journal notation: optional field that may not exceed 50 characters.
Payment narration: optional field that may not exceed 50 characters
Once the payment has been allocated, BRS will automatically create the Cash Book transaction for the payment. Both the associated Cash Book transaction and the bank statement transaction will also be automatically reconciled and therefore removed from the listviews.
(please note - this payment allocation is only available from SYSPRO 7 onwards)
Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions
Selecting an entry in the list view will display the additional Cash Book details in the “Cash Book Information” screen.
Reconcile: will initiate the reconciling of the selected “Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions” against the selected “Unreconciled Bank Statement Transactions”. This process will tally up the transactions and prompt the user with a summary screen requesting permission to proceed in the case of differing amounts.
Show All: this button is used to show all of the “Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions” when the user has turned on the “Show matching cashbook transactions” option above which will automatically show a Cash Book transaction matching the selected Unreconciled Bank Statement Transaction and if no Cash Book transactions are matching, the “Unreconciled Cash Book Transactions” list view will be empty.